The principal objectives and mission of Jersey 2 Africa 4 Football Foundation is to pursue opportunities and avenues in the short, medium & long-term to identify and implement means of resourcing, supporting and helping to develop the Mukuru football community with their football development and growth. This means to support and inspire young boys, girls, men and women in the area, who apart from enduring terrible living conditions are confronted daily with the temptation of drugs, prostitution and crime, to which many of them can easily fall victim.
What they have achieved so far
- Opening of Jersey 2 Africa 4 Football store for 15 months raising over £3,000 from sales to support with transportation costs for shipment of donated used football items;
- Over 1,000 kilos of boots, balls, shirts, shorts, team kits, training wear, tracksuits and equipment safely shipped to Nairobi;
- Attracting long-term support of Minerva Trust as strategic sponsor;
- Held successful fund raising events such as poker events and primary schools competition;
- Funding purchase of goal posts for training and games;
- Payment of affiliation fees and player registration fees to Kenyan FA for season 2014;
- Financial contribution to bus transportation costs for travel to away games;
- 2 years sponsored support for school education for John Njunguna, a much deprived but talented, motivated and determined young boy in the region;
- Delivery of over 20 coaching sessions to players, male and female from age 8 to adult;
- Delivery of classroom coaching and planning sessions for coaches and officials.
Pictured Above is Ewan Spraggon, Managing Director of Baker Tilly Channel Islands, and Ricky Weir, Founder of Jersey2Africa4Football.