BTCI is not responsible for the privacy policies of third party web sites to which any links are provided. You should check the privacy policies on these sites before providing any personal information.
As a visitor, you do not have to submit any personal information in order to use the Site. The Site collects only personally identifiable information that is specifically and voluntarily provided by visitors. Such information may consist of, but is not limited to, your name, current job title, company address, email address and telephone and fax numbers. This can be in order to:
- Request specific materials or information by submitting an online form;
- Register to attend a BTCI event; or
- Register for one of our email publications.
The information required is necessary to enable BTCI to deal with your enquiry, but additional information may be requested to help us to provide the most appropriate response. If such additional information is requested, it is highlighted and its provision is voluntary.
With regard to your use of our Site, the information may be automatically collected and comprises the following:
- Technical information – such as your internet protocol (IP) address, login information, time zone, browser type/version with plug-in types/versions, device information (operating system and platform); and
- Information about your visit– such as your Uniform Resource Locators (URL), including the date and time, products viewed/searched, site statistics, interaction (scrolling, clicks, mouse-overs), exit methods away from pages, phone numbers (if used to call our customer service number), route to/from our site or from search engine links to our site including search engine address and search term used.
Third parties may also provide information to us about you, specifically from any of the following: advertising and marketing services; our technical and analytics providers; or our search engine and search information providers.
We use this information to: manage our Site as well as for our efficient operations, which includes analysis, research, statistical and survey uses, together with testing and troubleshooting; improve our Site and content for users and their devices; allow you to interact with our Site and take advantage of our online services, whenever you may elect to do so; ensure our site is safe and secure by monitoring activities within the context of continual process improvement; monitor advertising and marketing effectiveness for users, and/or to fine-tune advertising by relevance to users; and enable targeted suggestions/recommendations to users about products and services that may be of interest.
Independent Information about cookies including how to block or delete them can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org
The below explains the cookies we use and why:
_utma _utmb _utmc _utmz _utmv
This cookie contains the user's session ID and the cookie will expire at the end of the session (when you close your browser).