This page contains the information gathering and use policies adopted by Baker Tilly Channel Islands Limited in connection with this web site (the “Site”) and any marketing campaigns, including by email (the “Emails”). These policies are subject to periodic review and any changes will be included within this section of the site.
Baker Tilly Channel Islands Limited is not responsible for the privacy policies of third party web sites to which any links are provided. You should check the privacy policies on these sites before providing any personal information.
Collection of Information
As a visitor, you do not have to submit any personal information in order to use the Site. The Site collects only personally identifiable information that is specifically and voluntarily provided by visitors. Such information may consist of, but is not limited to, your name, current job title, company address, email address and telephone and fax numbers. This can be in order to:
- Request specific materials or information by submitting an online form
- Register to attend a Baker Tilly Channel Islands Limited event
- Register for one of our email publications.
The information required is necessary to enable Baker Tilly Channel Islands Limited to deal with your enquiry, but additional information may be requested to help us to provide the most appropriate response. If such additional information is requested, it is highlighted and its provision is voluntary.
Sensitive information is not sought through the Site or Emails except where legally required as part of the recruitment process. Sensitive information includes data relating to: race or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or other similar beliefs; trade union membership; physical or mental health; sexual life or criminal record. Where you do provide sensitive information this will be accepted as explicit consent to Baker Tilly Channel Islands Limited or one of its related entities to use that information in connection with the purpose for which it has been provided.
Independent Information about cookies including how to block or delete them can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org
The below explains the cookies we use and why:
_utma _utmb _utmc _utmz _utmv
This cookie contains the user's session ID and the cookie will expire at the end of the session (when you close your browser).
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
- the data controller is Baker Tilly Channel Islands Limited
- the data processor is Baker Tilly Channel Islands Limited
Information that we may collect from you
We may collect and/or process the following data about you:
- Information you provide to us – by filling in forms on our website www.bakertillyci.co.je or by entering into a contract with us, or by correspondence with us by email, letter, phone or other methods, which includes data provided by you by registering to use our website, or by subscribing for newsletters or other information services, or by joining our web forum, or by placing an order for products or services, and when reporting a problem with our site, or otherwise contacting us.
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII) – the information you give us may include; your name, address, email address, IP address, phone number, together with financial and credit card information. All of which is PII and subject to the GDPR.
- Information we collect about you – with regard to your use of our website may be automatically collected and comprises the following: technical information – such as your; internet protocol (IP) address, login information, time zone, browser type/version with plug-in types/versions, device information (operating system and platform);information about your visit – such as your; Uniform Resource Locators (URL), including the date and time, products viewed/searched, site statistics, interaction (scrolling, clicks, mouse-overs), exit methods away from pages, phone numbers (if used to call our customer service number), route to/from our site or from search engine links to our site including search engine address and search term used.
- Information we receive from other sources – information about you may be received by us if you use another website or service that we operate. Third-parties may also provide information to us about you, specifically from any of the following; our business partners and/or sub-contractors or credit reference agencies for payment and delivery services, or advertising and marketing services, or our technical and analytics providers, or our search engine and search information providers.
How your information is used
The information we hold about you is used as followings:
- Information that you provide to us – this information is used to meet our obligations within any contracts between you and us, and, to meet your requests for information, and/or products and services, or to notify you of changes to our products or services, or make suggestions/recommendations that may interest you, or to improve content of our site and ensure it is presented effectively for you and your device.
- Information that we collect about you – we use this information: to manage our website as well as for our efficient operations, which includes analysis, research, statistical and survey uses, together with testing and troubleshooting; to improve our website and content for users and their devices; to allow you to interact with our website and take advantage of our online services, whenever you may elect to do so; to ensure our site is safe and secure by monitoring activities within the context of continual process improvement, which is a best practice requirement of the GDPR; to monitor advertising and marketing effectiveness for users, and/or to fine-tune advertising by relevance to users; to enable targeted suggestions/recommendations to users about products and services that may be of interest.
- Information we receive from other sources – we may use third-party information, which may be combined with information you provided to us and/or information collected by us, which may be used for the purposes we have defined above.
Know your rights
Under the GDPR all individuals, who are the owners of their personally identifiable information (PII), have specific and clear rights, which are;
Right to Erasure
Every individual has the right the right to be forgotten upon request. The data controller must remove your PII data from its systems and request the same of any third-party systems of that controller.
Right to Access
Every individual has the right to access the PII data held about them upon request.
Right to Portability
Every individual has the right to request their PII data and use it for other parties they wish to engage with.
Right to be Informed
Every individual has the right to be informed about how their PII data is being used, which may be provided upon request of the individual, or before the controller changes any use of that data, giving the individual the right to consent or object.
Right to Objection
Every individual has the right to object to the use of their PII data for any purpose proposed by a controller.
Right to Rectification
Every individual has the right to have errors in their PII data to be corrected.
Right to Restrict
Every individual has the right to restrict the uses of their PII data for any specific type of processing.
Rights on automated decisions & profiling
Every individual has the right to restrict or object to automated decision-making processes or profiling based on their PII data.
- Revoke your consent – in accordance with the GDPR, to the revoke consent for processing of your data send an email with the word “Revoke” in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject Access Request (SAR) – in accordance with the GDPR, you may request us to send you details about any PII data that we may hold about you, or you may request that we correct any errors, or you may request us to delete any/all PII data about you.
- SAR Fee – In accordance with the GDPR, any SAR is provided free of charge within 30 days, unless a particular SAR is subject to other regulatory requirements as defined within the GDPR, in which case we will inform you as required by those specific regulations.
For any questions relating to your PII data, or to submit a SAR, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO): email@example.com
Use of Information
Information is used only for the specific purpose for which it was provided except where you explicitly select to receive other information from Baker Tilly Channel Islands Limited or one of its related entities.
You can opt out of receiving information from Baker Tilly Channel Islands Limited or one of its related entities or request that your personal details are deleted from our systems at any time by emailing us via our online contact form.
Accuracy of Information
BAKER TILLY CHANNEL ISLANDS LIMITED assumes responsibility for keeping an accurate record of personal data once you have submitted the information, but not for confirming the on-going accuracy of your personal information. If you advise Baker Tilly Channel Islands Limited that your personal data is no longer accurate, it will be amended (where practical).
Provision of Information to Third Parties
Information is normally only provided to a third party if it is required to deal with your enquiry, but there may be other circumstances where Baker Tilly Channel Islands Limited is required to provide information as a result of legal process.
Baker Tilly Channel Islands Limited does not undertake marketing activities for third parties, nor does it provide information to third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Retention of Information
Information is kept for as long as is necessary to fulfil your request or deal with your job application.
Where you have consented to additional information being provided by Baker Tilly Channel Islands Limited or one of its related entities your details will be retained for a reasonable period of time.
Security of Information
The data controller collecting the information described in this statement is Baker Tilly Channel Islands Limited. Unless you instruct us otherwise, information you provide will be used by Baker Tilly Channel Islands Limited and persons, bodies corporate or partnerships controlled (directly or indirectly) by Baker Tilly Channel Islands Limited.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement please email us via our online contact form.